This morning as I was watering our bushes and trees, I peeked over at the flower garden. And bright as could be the cosmos, butterfly bush, and lily turf were all putting out their vibrant orange, white, and purple flowers respectively! Finneytown has been crazy dry/hot, and the week ahead looks no wetter. So, how is it possible they can declare the beauty of their Maker, giving no thought for what is to come or what has been! They must know something I'm ever-longing to learn. Another thing I noticed was that after they flower they seed. Because of this "death" step they'll be able to share their beautiful goodness and simple faith in their Maker, right? Hmmm.
In case you're having a brain-straining kind of day, here's the point: I wanna be that flower. And I want to be in this garden of God's with you where we don't fret about what has been or what is to come, but we trust that even through dry seasons God is making all things beautiful and using all things for His glory in His time!
May you know His goodness and place your faith (regardless of its size) today in the One to whom all praise and glory are due; Who loves you without a waver, without a string attached; Who can cause you to bloom in the least desirable of circumstances just because that's the way He is.
1 comment:
I want to be that flower too. I am working now on a sermon that will be about what one person can do to change the world the Jesus Christ. Thanks for this beautiful post.
Post a Comment