I have always known I am created to be in community.
I have not consistently lived out that reality. Since becoming a part of Celebrate Recovery I have learned like never before the healing that is released when we confess our sins to one another and pray for one another. James 5:16
John tells the story of a man who had been an invalid for 38 years. He was sitting by the pool of healing waters in Bethesda when Jesus passed by and asked if he wanted to be healed. A seemingly absurd question - maybe. The man replied, "Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going, another steps down before me." Jesus told him to take up his bed and walk. Now, I don't understand why God heals some on the spot while others are left to die a little longer (as did Jesus' friend Lazarus) except that whatever the timing and situation, God was most glorified. But I believe this man spent the last 38 years of his life learning the vital importance of being aware, of having support, of being support as he remembered person after person going into the stirred waters ahead of him or without him.
My brothers and sisters - my prayer is that you will know life full. Put yourself in grounded, intentional community. If you are in it - dance in it, confess in it, pray in it, live. If you can not see it where you are, ask for it. If you don't know where to find it, pray for it. When we let our walls fall, the healing begins.
Sparks will fly as grace collides with the dark inside of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment