Wednesday, January 20, 2016

sad.

Tonight I am sad. And instead of trying to explain it away or easily make a list of all the reasons I "shouldn't feel sad" or count my blessings to dismiss the ache, I'm just going to be. sad. 10:22pm Andrew left for work after 5 days of time off here at home. Tonight begins 10 more days of crawling into a cold bed at night. 10 more days until another round of late-night Rummikub, Cribbage, or Othello. 10 more days of hearing only my own laughter at the antics of Coach behind the bar of Cheers! ... so I check on the 3 sweet heads sleeping soundly. I rub my cheek against Wyatt's sweet, pudgy baby-soft cheek as he has just nodded off. I kiss Elise's head as she dreams of beautiful things. And I peek up into Kaeden's bunk to see his nearly-10-year-old head that nuzzles into my shoulder when he stands next to me... Thank You, God, for sad.

No comments: