I saw the doctor Friday, and my blood tests said, "Um. Knock the dose down a bit, would ya?" I am soo thankful for an attentive, intentional doctor who doesn't just assume things are fine because they look okay from the observer's eye.
My granularcytes (first line of defense in my red blood cells) and my platelet count did not excite him. So, I have started cutting my shot dose in half. Oddly, the day after my first lower dose I carried a pretty strong headache for most of the day, even with Tylenol and Ibuprofen in me. I took a long nap, and by the time I was ready to turn in for bed my headache had started receeding.
I feel great today! And thankfully my shot pen is self-adjustable which means I don't have to go through a month of back and forth with the insurance company and the pharmacy to continue using the pen. I just click it five times for the right amount of Intron A instead of using ten clicks. That's where we are right now. I have a CT scan scheduled for Friday, and another one is scheduled for Monday. We expect "all clear!" :0) Thank you dear friends and family for your unabashed, relentless love and prayers for us. Love to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment