After a full week and a half of giving myself shots, I no longer have flu-like symptoms. I tire more easily, and I don't have food cravings which sometimes makes preparing meals less fun. I feel tired primarily the day after giving myself the shot, which is done right before bedtime. So, we're going to try Saturday, Monday, Wednesday shots so I'm not as tired on Saturday or on Friday. We'll see how it goes.
I've been working us (the kids and me) into a routine with our days which has been very good for all of us. After meals I clean the kitchen, which allows them 15-30 minutes of independent play, and then we all play together. This allows them to learn how to play together without mother hen always there, allows me a bit of down time to myself and a nap during nap time, and we know what to expect from each other a little better.
Thank you for praying for us. Elise is still taking a morning nap, adores looking through books, and gets a royal kick out of being Kaeden's little sister. And Kaeden LOVES to paint, cut, read books, work puzzles and is learning how to show his kind heart to his little sister. This allows for me to enjoy playing low-key with them, read quietly near them, and even work some of my own creative painting/card making juices out. :0)
When you pray, I long for a gentle, understanding heart toward Kaeden even in the midst of his wild and crazy 2-year-old times. When I'm tired I tend to react more than respond. His heart is so tender, and when I'm on my game, I love to nurture that. Please pray for more of those times together. Thank you for your heart toward us.
No comments:
Post a Comment