3 months later - clear scans again! A rough IV stick after multiple attempts, but it's worth it to hear, "All clear."
My blood count levels aren't pretty, so I get to have another blood draw in a couple weeks to make certain we end this treatment on a good note.
Fabulous news at the last doc appointment - End of October is my last injection!!!!!!!!!!!! Scans will continue (irritating but always encouraging). I have no idea what life after chemotherapy will look like, but I'm expecting it to look like: more energy for myself, my husband, my children, my family, my friends; a renewed ability to remember details and follow-through more consistently (thank you to all of you who have exercised patience with me and my brainless moments); and who knows what else. I guess there's a little wondering - will I feel like I'm still fighting to stay clear? We've been changing our diet a bit towards veggies, and we're understanding more clearly that we are what we eat (whatever that means) :0). All that to say, we are not victims of impending death, we are free to learn and to walk well in life, making daily decisions to take care of these bodies God has entrusted to us for a time.
Thank you again for your love, your notes, your prayers, and your words of truth - for holding us close in thought and action. Blessings on you as you walk in these days.
And, here's to a new day! First I'd better get some sleep. Goodnight and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment