Tuesday, June 1, 2010

breathing again

Sometimes do you feel like you're holding your breath even though you're really not?

So, when Leming (med. oncologist) said, "scan looks good - chest, abdomen, pelvis - all good." my mouth said, "Wait. Like nothing there? No little spot in my ovary? Nothing?" His reply: "nothing. it looks clear." Is that what breathing feels like?

My heart rate going into the office was 56, so I must have been breathing at least a little. Those two hours of waiting for my name to be called to go in must have really calmed me down. :0) If you would take my pulse in the middle of loving on K&E, I can bank on it being higher. Nice to know my body can still calm down.

So, I've been off chocolate completely for about a month, and today on my drive home from Dr. Leming's office I decided to make chocolate chip cookies to celebrate. So I did. And they're just as wonderful as I was hoping. And a friend made us dinner (completely out of the blue) tonight - after she spent the afternoon loving on Kaeden (she has two children herself) so I could go to my appointment hands-free. Elise had a 2 hour nap at home, and Andrew studied to her deep sleepy sighs. Thank you, friend. So often you free me to be a better mom, wife, friend, woman. Thank you.

Peace to you, all reading this. Again I thank you for your prayers, your love, and your presence in my life and in the life of my family. May God send someone into your day that you get to bless in beautiful ways.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah, so happy for you!

Robbon said...

Sorry to know that have had a rough time. I'm glad to read though that the scans turned out well. PHEW! Sorry that I wasn't aware of any of this. Be blessed dear woman! Be blessed!