Sunday, May 8, 2011

Love Wash Over

"Love wash over a multitude of things, make us whole. . .There is a love that never fails. A healing that always prevails. . .So come with Your love and wash over us." Sara Groves

So, I've pretty much been either crying or on the verge of it ever since I got out of bed. I started to read this morning (Joshua 1-3) in quietness when Kaeden came up on my lap. He curled up (as much as he could with his length) and we just rocked for minutes over. Gentle tears of new life pouring down my face. Kaeden asked why I was crying. I reassured him that they were tears of happy - that my heart was so full of love that it was coming out of my eyes. He didn't seem frightened by that idea, just stayed close.

Best mother's day ever. I hardly dared to think it could be like this. That there could be such peace. such fullness. No more running away. Pressing into the pain of the past, the fear, laying it all at the feet of our Father God, walking calmly and boldly into the unknown of how to shepherd these children closer to the heart of God. Intense parenting years one moment at a time with God at the helm are a wild ride of beauty and surrender!!

best. day. ever. today. It's not about them. It's not about me. It's about God. How does this seem like such a revelation?! "Know that the LORD, He is God! It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture." Psalm 100:3

"Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and how inscrutable His ways!" Romans 11:33

The New Living Translation says it a bit more clearly:
"Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! For who can know the LORD's thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen." Romans 11:33-36

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am so proud of you. You have let God mold you into such a beautiful wife, mother, daughter, friend, and child of the King. I love you, Mom