People talk about what they would change if they could do life over. I suppose reflecting is a way of learning to do life better today. . . to not care what mud does to clothing, to reconcile more quickly, to sit/listen to a heart when the brain tells us to keep doing. I am who I am because of God's tender mercies, and I want to share a bit of life, happy and not. So if you're up for it, join me!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
quiet time today
Quiet time takes on a variety of faces for this little homestead. Today the children were building forts and playing contendedly enough, so I read a book. No joke. I read (not every word) Heaven is for Real. A boy just shy of 4 years old was given the gift of heaven. I'm a skeptic. I did not like the book 90 Minutes in Heaven, which gave little room for grace in me for this book. My curiosity led me to check it out of the library yesterday. Two hours after opening the book and not closing it, I am in a new place about heaven - a more peaceful place. My realistic thinking had me doubting all kinds of things of heaven stories like how there could be emotional intimacy (my favorite part of my life) with so many people there. Doubts about ever being able to see God or Jesus. Doubts about recognizing people, living arrangements, still being allowed to have my own thoughts - I still have wonderings, but I have been challenged to believe that we'll be living as God intended for us to live, full, beautiful lives, knowing Him, knowing one another. It's a very quick read, but not to be read without tissues near.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment