be found.
For years I have been on and off with reading the Bible, listening to God's voice, and speaking out His words. Over the past 3 years, I have learned that I have no relationship on earth more important than the one I have with my God, my Redeemer, my Healer, my LORD, the One who knows my heart better than I, the only One who meets me at the point of my excess and need. Intense years, intentional years of the renewing of my mind (rom 12) through a group called Celebrate Recovery. What do I need to recover from?! I'm fine. My life has its ups and downs like anyone else's life. I don't need to recover from anything. Life just happens, right? What do I need to recover from - life?? Maaybe. :0)
Life happens so quickly, and there are so many things we "need" to do, so many things and people calling our names to care for them or care for relationships. These things are not inherently bad. In fact, it may be that they are inherently beautiful and good, but when they control our first response, fill our thoughts, claim our peace, they have taken a place reserved for the One who created you to have responses, thoughts, peace. And that One will be found by us, if we call upon Him, seek relationship with Him.
God speaking to the Israelites (a people of whom we've become a part through being grafted into the vine of God's family: Romans 11) words we get to hear and receive: "I will visit you and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me. When you seek me with all your heart I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you . . ." Jer. 29:10b-14a "Fortunes" not being wealth upon wealth but their inheritance (earthly and eternal), their livelihood.
So, really? He can be found? He can restore us back to the way He intended for us to live with all of His eternal inheritance?! yup. No longer living in fear - it still exists and comes back to visit, but its visits become shorter and less frequent. No longer submitting to pride - neither the pride that says "I won't." nor the pride that says, "I can't." but the humility that says, "God I need you." No longer living alone, because that is not life.
The life He has for us! Peace. Hope. A future. It doesn't need to be found through a weekly group, but it HAS to be intentional, and it HAS to be with another person or other people who are moving in the same direction with God as your guide, praying for one another, spending time in truth of what needs to go and what needs to stay. The old has to leave and the new needs to be given time and grace and space to grow.
Grace to you. Peace to you. Nothing lasting will happen spontaneously. Pray. Be near God. Ask Him to lead you to a person in your life going your same direction (spiritually) with whom you can be intentional and honest, with whom you can pray and walk in truth. Tell Him the desires of Your heart. Let yourself be found by Him.
Feelin' a bit preachy today, it seems. Hmm. Having a difficult time containing myself, wanting more for myself and for you to know and walk in even more freedom: taking hold of the life that is truly life.
No comments:
Post a Comment