Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Make pumpkin muffins

This morning I made pumpkin muffins. As I did, a wave of nostalgia hit me. The last time I made them, I had just started mild labor contractions with Elise last October 6th after we had said goodnight to Kaeden. That night I asked Andrew if I he wouldn't mind me going to the store to pick up pumpkin, because I HAD to make pumpkin muffins. You know the outrageous requests a pregnant woman can make. He was not up for it until I showed him that I wasn't really having bad contractions. So, as I walked down the baking aisle at Kroger, stopping a couple times to hold on to the cart and breathe, and turning heads with my face growing paler the longer I stayed, I felt totally justified when the aroma of pumpkin muffins wafted through our home that fateful October 6th. It was totally worth it. ;0) The muffins were made, portions of Guys and Dolls were watched on television while Andrew madly finished a school assignment before his daughter came, and we spent the rest of the evening at Mercy Hospital laboring with Elise (thank you again Anne and family for caring for Kaeden). Pumpkin muffins will never be just pumpkin muffins in the Pfeiffer homestead again.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I wish I could associate some yummy muffin smells with the day my son was born! Instead, I will forever smell Whitecastle cheeseburgers when I think of labor. I went into labor at about midnight on June 15th. When I told my husband it was time to go to the hospital he asked if he could stop the Whitecastle drivethru on the way! Yuck. I can't stand Whitecastle on a even a normal day.