Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Today I learned again

I need help. Ha! Most of you could have told me that. Yesterday I couldn't open a baby food jar without Andrew's help. Today I could. Today I put my shirt on all by myself. Yesterday I couldn't. My left arm is finding its mobility after the doctor pulled out the area of lymph nodes from under that arm this past Friday. I won't quite be able to pull of a Misty-May dig or Walsh kill for a couple months, but every day I can do a little more.

Thank you for praying for a quick recovery. God is saying, "Yes." He is good and faithful. Even He says I need people. I am going to take a nap soon, because everyone who has gone through cancer-recovery says REST to give your body a chance to build itself back up. I don't want to. There are about 5 other things I'd rather do. However, each morning I wake up, I can move my arm even more. So, I am going wash my hands with "calming" eucalyptus spearmint soap in hopes of it lulling me into calm, turn off the baby monitors (thank you for being here Grammy, Nana, and Grandma!), and rest.

Erma Bombeck said in reflection of her life, "I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day." Thank you, Erma.

No comments: