So, probably every other day - well, maybe every day these days, I cry. I never really liked to cry. I used to say it was the purest form of expression, sad or happy. I still believe that. I just didn't know I had so many tears in me. Today while I was e-mailing my sister-in-law how well taken care of I am by healthcare professionals, tears started a'flowin'. Between my dermatologist who loses sleep thinking about me, my surgical oncologist who keeps us in the loop, my doctor friends' words/comfort/advice (thank you Nathan/Amber), and doctor family's medical knowledge and care (thank you Becca/Carl), we could not be better taken care of. Then there's my father who would love to make his daughter well pronto, and if he could, would solve this entire year with a bag of Snickers sent to yours truly. :0)
Thank you, dear friends and family, who are praying for and thinking of us. I know the Spirit turns those thoughts to prayers and takes them straight to our Father. I am recovering well from last Friday's surgery. I am not without discomfort, but I am filled with hope - and sometimes tears. Peace to you, friends.
Erma Bombeck on life reflection: "I would have cried and laughed less while watching television - and more while watching life."
2 comments:
Well...even though I have never been through what you are facing, I can understand changing emotions. I don't consider myself to be an overly emotional person. In fact, when everything I read and many people told me how much hormones during pregnancy make you emotional, I still couldn't relate. The tears just didn't flow. However, having a baby changes everything. For the first few weeks after Lucas' birth, I could just sit holding him and feeding him and cry. It wasn't a sad cry. It was an overwhelming feeling of trying to grasp God's incredible mercy. I hope that as you see how God uses others to love on you, you are continually filled with that awe. I love you, Cheryl. I can't wait to see you in a week and a half. :) Lots of love, Kellie
Cheryl,
I love you, I pray for you, my heart is burdened for you, I share tears with you. I am sooo proud of how you are taking care of yourself in the midst of the most challenging child-rearing stage. You go girl!
Kim
Post a Comment