Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shirts and Shoes

So, it looks like there is nothing at all going on in my life from the person with whom I do the cart-shuffle in the grocery store, which is probably the way I would prefer it. There is the matter of disbelief, though, that I need anything, as it appears from the onlooker. This makes life a little confusing. I have a difficult time asking for help anyway, like most typical Americans, but I’m surrounded by atypical Americans and non-Americans, thank you God :0)

So, then the brain says, “Hmm. I look fine to everyone else. I feel fine most of the time right now. Do I really need help?” So then I become self-dependent again. Then I don’t get good naps. Then I start not healing as well. Rich Mullins sang, “we are not as strong as we think we are.” (“How truuue that iiis.” – thank you Brian Regan)

When you love you walk on the water
Just don't stumble on the waves
We all want to go there somethin' awful
But to stand there it takes some grace
'Cause oh, we are not as strong
As we think we are


Hopefully I can remember how easy it is to misjudge people and assume everything’s peachy just because we’re all clothed and clean with shoes and shirts for service.

No comments: