when temptation comes my way.
When I can not stand, I'll fall on You.
Jesus, You're my hope and stay.
This was a slice of my Monday song. You know that little piece of life that touches you when you're feeling already like the week has been too long and you wish it could just be, "Everyone-find-a-place-of-peace-and-stay-there-all-week week." Nervous this piece of life would escape me at the first wink of unrest, I wrote it on our white board wall (which really is just a large piece of showerboard we use as a whiteboard) where I could look anytime I needed.
A spiritual mentor and I were in conversation regarding how to walk through days in grace-filled ways. At the time of our conversation I thought taking intentional breaks, not long, just creating a brief space of re-centering, receiving peace in stillness, similar to a call-to-prayer or something similar to praying-the-hours. I haven't yet implemented that as far as removing myself from the room, but I believe this is one piece - easy access to peace-giving reminders. A wise friend once said something like if you can't make it happen internally, make it happen externally. In my younger years, I would visit my sister's dorm room or apartment or house, and on every bathroom mirror there would be post-it notes or dry-erase marker notes of truth about who she is and/or who God is. I have followed suit, and it turns out I need to be putting those truths all over. Somewhere in the Bible people were encouraged to write truth on their doorposts. How about that... nothing new under the sun.
Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
Where sin runs deep Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Team my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, You're my hope and stay
- Lord, I Need You by Matt Maher
And of course from the end of the 18th century, we give inspirational credit to --

No comments:
Post a Comment