Sunday, October 2, 2016

transition

Yesterday while at the silent retreat, I watercolored a bit and tried to pencil rub with a mechanical pencil which was all I had with me. ha! At the time I finished this painting it was definitely for me, and I also felt like this picture was for someone else. It didn't seem like I was supposed to give it to anyone at the retreat; but this morning after church, a woman whose current season's story I know in part, tapped me on the shoulder and shared a next step in her journey. I was able to pray with her as she was shaking with anticipation in the unknown of what was to come of this step. After praying with her, I felt like maybe this picture might be for her. I showed it to her from my journal and asked if it meant anything. She was excited to receive a piece of God's heart for her through this super simple gift of a picture, so I snapped a picture of it and emailed it to her.  




Thank You, God, that You have unending, unconditional, pursuing love for Your children. Fill us with Your boldness to put ourselves out there to be seen and to see, to pause to love and be loved.

No comments: