Right now I have the cold shakes, but they say that means it's working. um, yeah? Aside from the little physical annoyances, there were bright spots all over my day. My mom showed up last night around 11pm. I had already gone to bed, but when I woke up, I felt like my entire family was here and cried. I love you guys. It was kind of overwhelming and very beautiful.
Then when we were in the waiting room filling out all kinds of papers (getting used to this), I pointed to the ground in front of their beautiful fish tank and said, "That's a penny." Andrew said, "That's yours." We don't gather them so much for luck, but it's a little connection we have with Andrew's sister Rachael and her family. Again, a very sweet moment.
Then, they had to poke me 4 times to get a good vein (time to hydrate for tomorrow morning), and just as the last (third) nurse was actually getting a vein, Josh Groban began singing, "You raise me uuuuuupp so I can stand on moooouuuntains . . ." Another sweet connnection moment with Rachael and Andrew's family. Aaand I got cards and calls from so many of you precious people in my life.
Although I don't have the energy (emotional or physical) to talk much these first couple of days, know I totally feel your reachings. I was listening to my friend Charlotte talk on the phone tonight, and all I could do was cry. So, you can picture the conversation I would have with you. I am overwhelmed by your love, and I don't want you to stop. I print out your encouraging e-mails and put them in a box I bought for love notes from you all. Thank you.
oh - then I just happened to have a neighbor in the big chair treatment room who is beginning her last week of the four weeks of intense Interferon treatment. She has such a similar story, although her children are 12 & 14, so they completely understand what's going on and are more affected by it. Kaeden and Elise miss me, but I always come home and catch up on snuggles.
I need to go rest now, and if you have any questions, you can ask via e-mail or with a comment here, and that will give me the chance to write/talk with you when I'm feeling up.
P.S. Jadek and Bapcha - I opened the book you made for Kaeden when he turned 1, and Elise was kissing each of your pictures pretty deliberately, looking at them, and then leaning back down to kiss them. Grammy caught the beginning of the cute moment, and then I got to join in and adore her adoration.
Rest well, my family and friends. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers.
2 comments:
Glad to hear that God gave you His little touches throughout the day. That is what we prayed last night so how precious is that? I love you dear friend. Thanks for sharing and rest well tonight. Robbon
I spent the (Monday) afternoon sharing your situation with old friends, Adrian and Chris Spronk from The Antioch E-Free Church. They will continue to hold you and Andrew up on prayer for the next month of treatment / regimen.
They were very supportive of you and the overall family situation; wishing God's best.
Love, Dad :)
Post a Comment