Friday, October 24, 2008

"Holland? I signed up for Italy."

MPS IIIA / Sanfilippo Sydrome. That meant absolutely nothing to me just 30 minutes ago. Now it means that two absolutely beautiful children (ages 2 & 5) of Andrew and my college peers are not going to be playing new games like Candy Land. Instead, their parents, Matt and Shannon will be passing those games off to Goodwill, knowing that Waverly and Oliver will not be growing into that stage of life.

Andrew and I could not stop reading their blog (until Kaeden started calling "momma" out of his sleep). What a story their lives have become.

Their children were diagnosed earlier this year, and their journey has been full. They want people to be educated about this syndrome, and we already feel a part of their story having been inspired and humbled by their walk. Visit their blog at http://familymctravels.blogspot.com/ where they wonder, "Holland? I signed up for Italy."

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thank you so much for your beautiful words of encouragement and for linking your readers to our blog. We feel like we are living a nightmare. In the midst of so much grief, we have to keep reminding ourselves that Waverly and Oliver are here with us today and we need to soak up every moment we have with them. I am so lucky to be their mommy.