Today I felt your love and prayers in place of any physical yuck. I was a little concerned that this day would be difficult. Treatment was at 9:30, and I feared I would have the shakes about the time my kids would like to climb on me. :0)
It was better than I ever imagined. I was happy to learn today that there was no anti-depressent in today's "Leming Lemonade," so lovingly named after my fabulous Dr. Leming's regular IV liquid for his patients. I still received a good dose of Benadryl. So, leaving treatment today, that I felt. No shakes. No bad chills or hot flashes. No nausea. Groggy is all.
Andrew's birthday was today, and it was so good. Because I felt mostly alert and energized, I was able to make his favorite dessert and help with dinner!! I pictured not feeling well enough to enjoy it, but I enjoyed the entire day. I even got to paint with my Kaeden.
This morning there was only one stick from the nurse and the IV went in. (Thank you di-hydrogen oxide and prayers) I'm hoping I get to keep it in all week so I will only need one set each week. We'll see. I wouldn't mind extra prayers about that. I took in my own snacks of carrots and grapes, warm socks, and then one of the patients bought a goodie box for the nurses and those of us who were there bright and early. Great day for treats - and then they had green tea in the waiting room. It was a good day on floor four. :0)
I was even home in time for lunch with Grammy and the kids.
Thank you again for your messages of love, thoughts, and prayers. I felt all of them.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Andrew!!!! Glad to hear you are feeling relatively well and that you weren't stuck a ton. May Wednesday be a good day also!
Robbon
Post a Comment