I could hardly believe it. We went to the doctor today to have the drain taken out from behind my arm, and I was expecting bad. Kaeden saw where it enters my body for the first time yesterday morning as he walked into the room before it was covered. He pointed to it and asked if he could take it out. The thought brought intense chills. This drain was inserted to help remove lymph fluid after the last surgery. Nearing 5 weeks with it in, I was very ready for IT to be removed. I began self-talk early this morning to lessen my anxiety.
"You can do this. You've given birth to two children - (albeit one at a time). Surely the pain can't last longer than a few seconds. It's worth every moment to have it removed. You'll get to sleep on your left side again!" I called my mom this afternoon to ask about salvaging an angel food cake that wasn't cooling fast enough for my plans, and I was able to tell her that the yank-out didn't hurt at all. Crazy fun news to share!! I felt NO pain. All I can say is, I wish the same people who were praying for no pain today would have prayed for no pain October 7th a year ago when Elise decided to push through into this world. Hmmmm. Is that possible?
No comments:
Post a Comment