Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 3 snapshots

Oh my. The feeling of cold saline rushing through the veins is quite a sensation. However, it did mean that they were able to use the same IV they set yesterday!!!! Wahoo!! Thank you for praying. About ten minutes into the dripping a different nurse came by my cozy chair and said, "It's not flowing like it should. I think we'll have to reset it." The nurse manager who had originally set me up and had set the IV yesterday was pretty quick to prove that I was just fine. So thankful for persistent, diligent nurses.

There's a volunteer who comes I guess every Tuesday and helps fill saline bags, etc. for the nurses. He brought in carrot cake and coconut cream cake from Servatii's Bakery. Yum. He's a (retired?) pilot for P&G, and his son in Atlanta also has cancer. So he helps the nurses in simple ways, gets drinks and food for people, gives hugs to crying women. Quite a man. Very inspirational.

I have little to no voice, and I haven't been sleeping all the way through the night, partially due to a sore throat and partially because we have a little girl in the room next to us who also isn't feeling 100%, so she arouses and moans herself back to sleep. :0) She's so cute. Kaeden is starting to feel better. We could use some healthy bodies in the Pfeiffer Homestead these days. Andrew mentioned something about hibernating this winter to avoid the go-arounds of colds our children like to catch. We'll see.

So, I'll be back on floor four tomorrow morning at 9:30 for round 4! I can hardly believe it. Week 1 is almost behind me. I honestly can not do this as well without you, so keep praying please for this IV to stay working these last two days and that God would use me to love on people in the treatment room. Blood results were coming back from the lab today with not so good news for some women today. Tuesday and Wednesday are primary days for breast cancer patients who come in once/week or every two or three weeks. So, when they hear that their protein is too high or white blood cell count is too low it gets scary. Any news like that means something extra for their regimen, and normal is tough enough. There are some serious fighters up on that floor. It's beautiful. Be blessed today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are SO glad that you are being so positive and such a fighter. The Meyer family continues to pray for you, and we wish we could do even more! We love you guys and we miss you!

Shanna