Friday, November 21, 2008

Bearings

These are days of transition. Hello to Grammy and PopPop. Goodbye to Andrew. Goodbye to Nana. Loving on the nurses and patient-friends. Goodbye to them. A good nap.

Last night Grammy and PopPop came in and get to stay through Thanksgiving! Andrew left this morning at 7:30 for a conference in Boston until Tuesday. Nana is headed home to Oompa after two weeks of very successful potty training and loving on this household of the unexpected.

This morning I got to make scones for the beautiful people up at the treatment center. I received all five days of treatment this week, which hasn’t happened since week 1! Yeah! In an odd way, I’m going to miss the routine of treatment and visits on floor four, but I will treasure my new-found energy with my family. I’ll be back up on floor four often for blood draw checks throughout the next eleven months of giving myself Interferon shots.

It’s an odd time of transition. I should be ecstatic that I’m done with daily IV’s. Instead, I’m more trying to get my bearings (emotional and physical) about where I’ve been and where I’m headed. Andrew is also experiencing some extra emotion as being in Boston has a mixture of fun memories with friends and family and last memories with his little sister Rachael. All so bitter-sweet.

May you find much for which to be thankful in these days.
Happy birthday, Uncle Matt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, a good friend sent this to me today and I immediately thought of you. This is my wish for you - everyday, Love Susan Wesley
"I hope you woke up this morning with a big smile on your face
I hope the sun is shining just for you and the birds are singing their very best songs...
I hope your coffee is hot and tastes just right
and the cats (change to kids) are purring contentedly, and the mailman waves a cheery hello and there are no bills in the mailbox...
I hope just everything goes your way ...
I hope everything is well with your world,
a place for everything and everything in it's place...
I hope you can enjoy all you do and you are complimented on the way you look and you can laugh
and talk and share to your heart's content
I hope you have all you wish for yourself and those dear to you,
and all your dreams come true...
At the end of the day
I wish you a perfect moon shining just for you,
a snug and cozy bed with the softest of pillows
and I hope you sleep like a lamb with a smile on your face...
I hope you have a perfect end to the perfect day
and I hope that every day is just as wonderful in it's own way
I hope your day is ... filled with God's love!"
We are think of you often and sending lots of positive energy, prayers and love your way! Hope it is a good thanksgiving.