Today we all walked trails in a park instead of me going to treatment - with permission from the doc, not skipping hookey-style. :0) After seeing yesterday's blood count he told me to go home without treatment, to take Friday off, and to be careful with what/who I interact to avoid bacteria. He, Andrew, and I will talk Monday. Grammy suggested a family date in its place, and I thought it was a fabulous idea!
It was not a large park, but by the end of the walk I was exhausted. It was so refreshing (if you can use exhausting and refreshing in the same thought)! The weather is absolutely beautiful here, and it's supposed to drop 20 degrees with rain tomorrow. Taking a nap outside today sounds like a fun idea.
Success this morning at Nana's potty-training camp:
Kaeden ran without warning into the bathroom after lunch (much preferred over running into walls which he did this morning after spinning in circles - sad), told nobody what he was doing or where he was going (and it usually comes with announcement), and the three of us (Carol, Andrew, and I) sitting at the dining room table together heard the puja noise. He was pushing and pushing. We were laughing and laughing. Then the proclamation, "Nana! I went poopoo!" And there was great rejoicing! What a fabulous morning.
And tonight we're having a "Hello, Dolly!" partay. Carol's a die hard Streisand fan, the story and songs have run through my blood since childhood, we invited Maria over who has worked over 40 hours this week and informed me that it's her favorite movie . . . and Andrew suggested it. So all I have to say is,
"Goodbyeyeye, Goodbyeyeye, Goodbyeyeye, Goodbyeyeyeye, Goodbyeyeyeye . . . no Horace don't try to stop me, pleeeaaase. Wave your little hand and whisper so long deerie.' . ." - thank you Barbara Streisand
I'm looking forward to this evening. So now I'm going to take a nap so I don't fall asleep at, "I have always been a woman who arranges things . . ." Love to you all.
How I'm feeling: tired. not frustrated anymore. deciding to enjoy days off. a little nervous about getting bacteria in me because my body's defenses are pretty down. oh yeah. I'm on this diet called the neutropenic diet. It just means stay away from anything remotely having bacteria in, on, or around it. And wash my hands a lot with antibacterial soap. If my temperature gets to 100.5, I need to call in for an antibiotic. Please pray for bad germs to stay away. And praise God for gorgeous days when I get to spend sweet hours with my family outside.
Thank you for your prayers and love in action!
No comments:
Post a Comment