Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quiet weekend

It’s halfway through the first quarter, and the Redskins have scored. The announcers both agreed that the Cowboys defense sold out to the trick play, and TOUCHDOWN! I’m not really a Washington or Dallas fan, but I do appreciate a good play.

We woke up this morning, and snow was on the roofs, the leaf pile, and all down Kaeden’s slide. It was so exciting. I’m a complete sucker for winter. This weekend I’ve been lying low. Yesterday I didn’t take a nap, and that was okay because I didn’t do much of anything else. Today I took a good one.

While we were all sleeping this afternoon, Kaeden woke up at 3pm, opened our door, and saw that everyone else was still resting. He returned to his room, closed the door, and played until he fell asleep again. When I woke up at 5pm, he was still sleeping on his bed. These are the moments when Andrew and I look at each other and just smile contentedly, knowing our little guy is doing just great. Thank You, God.

Tomorrow Andrew and I are going to pepper the doctor with questions about this treatment and my body’s reaction to it. I am looking forward to being able to glean some wisdom about all of this, as it seems my body can not handle two days of successive treatment, even of lower doses. So, around noon we’ll be ready for some understanding. After that, or before, I’ll have blood drawn for counts, and we’ll see what happens next.

Hope your Sunday was grand. Happy birthday Aunt Rachel!

No comments: