Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yeah, buddy.

So, granularcytes (GR# on my blood count chart) are the first line of defense for white blood cells. Today mine dropped down to 0.8 from 1.0 yesterday. My whites were still at 2.2. So, there was no treatment today. Before driving home I drove to Andrew at school for a hug and a walk. He had time, so we talked about how there is always a reason for what happens. God knows way beyond these little days of confusion and frustration into the rest of my life. A sign outside a church on my way home this morning said, "Be brave." :0)

I'm not expecting treatment tomorrow, and I'm going to be okay with that. Thank you so much for your hugs and love in these days where our vision for the month is adjusting. Seven more days and I won't be traveling to floor four anymore. I'd love to bring life to the floor as much as possible in these last days up there. I've really connected with a lady named Carol. She reminds me of my sister Kim's mother-in-law. Just can't get enough - so refreshing. I'm learning a lot about life and living in sickness from her. I am so blessed.

In the other way more fun part of my life, Kaeden and Elise were snuggly today. And Kaeden is responding very well to Nana's potty-training camp. :0) Yeah, buddy!!

No comments: