Monday, November 3, 2008

The weekend and today

Friday night was fun! We had a little Halloween party. Kaeden was Eeyore, Elise was a ladybug, Andrew was The Very Hungry Butterfly, Grammy was a ninja princess/hippee, and I was something sparkly with wings. We had a good low-key time wrapped up with a pinata-smashing.

Saturday was not quite as fun. I felt okay in the morning. Then nauseous. I slept most of the day away and was able to sleep through the night. I had one goal: carve a pumpkin. Apparently I set my goals too high.

Sunday was almost a carbon-copy of Saturday in health. I took anti-nausea pills, and I was able to make it out of the house for a couple hours. I made it home and then lost my lunch.

This morning the PA said to expect to feel sick over the weekends during these first weeks. The PA said to set my goals to more like: look at the pumpkin. haha. My white blood cell count was a little low. My platelets were lower. So, they lowered my dose of Interon (my type of Interferon) to 1/3 the amount I was at last week. I'll be at this amount unless my blood numbers drop again. Next Monday they'll test them again. They ran again this morning when they saw me coming. :0) My veins are not a welcoming presence in the room, but they got a stick that hopefully they can use tomorrow also. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, make sure you drink as much water as possible before your treatment, if they have to stick you. The water hydrates your veins, and makes them larger. I found this to be very true. I kind of wish you had a "port" like I had, because there was no messing with my veins---except it wasn't fun having it put in and out. It's surgery. LOve, MA