Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Brave

I carved a pumpkin today!!!!!! Oh my goodness it felt so good. She's cute too. :0) And then the family graciously climbed back into their Halloween costumes again for a quick photo-shoot because I was feeling up for it, and it wasn't quite bedtime for the kids yet. ;0) Our digital camera died or I'd post one up for you. We're actually going to have to wait for film to be developed. Oh my!!!

Today I walked into the treatment center hopeful. My IV worked (3rd day running!!) for drawing blood and then for receiving fluid. However, my platelet count dropped to 75 today from 91 yesterday and 109 Monday. So, the doc said "no treatment today." I did get the liter of fluid that is the cause of the long stay, but that's okay.

I purchased Discipleship Journal and Nicole Nordeman's Brave CD on my way in, and they both gave me great reflection time. I think Brave is the theme of my song in this life. A dear friend Liz told me before I went into labor with Kaeden, "Cheryl. Be brave." Then my mom and others of you have said things about being brave during this treatment. And then this CD hit the spot on a number of levels. I think it was just written for me for right now. I'm fairly certain you'll see lyrics from it appear on this blog before long. It was one of those.

oh - This morning God planned to have me share an abbreviated version of my story at MOPS without telling me ahead of time. So, I really can't tell you what I said, because He wrote the talk in His own words, and I don't think I got too in the way. . . something about Him, life being different than what I expected, the women and men fighting for their lives in the treatment center, and encouraging the women to see a doctor whether it's convenient and easy or not. God worked it all in. I had no intention of sharing with 40+ women anything more than welcoming new people to the crew. He's pretty sneaky and so good.

So tomorrow, a new IV (Toni took it out - she's good - because I was really bruising up), a new blood count, and even more water. Drink up, Becca and babies! Love.

1 comment:

thelarsenfamily said...

You are the bravest woman I know! I will continue to pray for you. I hope today was a good day.
Love you